Russian Election Hacking09 Dec 2016
I can’t take it anymore. I am so tired of hearing all this crap about Russia hacking the elections. It’s complete bullshit. We hacked our own elections long before Russia tried to get involved.
- We gerrymander districts every election cycle to get the votes we want.
- The mainstream media is more concerned about the candidates hair and hands than their ability to hold office.
- Our politicians are constantly cutting backroom deals and holding secret meetings. Whatever happens in secret will eventually come out. If journalists did their jobs then we would have all the facts about both candidates not just the facts about one candidate. Think long and hard about the fact that it took another nation-state to bring to light what our politicians are doing in the dark. Just because they only shed light on one candidate doesn’t mean they hacked the election. Now that Donald Trump has won the election, the journalists are finally starting to dig into his backroom deals, shady business practices, and legal issues.
- We willfully choose to vote for the lesser of two evils without considering the potential ramifications and we purposely ignore third party candidates because they are not “viable.” How many times did we hear a vote for a third-party is a vote for “the other evil?”
- We have purposely installed electronic voting machines (with well-documented security issues) that do not leave an auditable paper trail. By the way these voting machines are created by companies with heavy lobbying arms and are installed by the current two-party system that has a vested interest in staying in power.
- As a nation we have become apathetic about voting. I know I have. Half the voting population didn’t even bother to vote in the Presidential race. If all of those voters had turned out for a third-party candidate instead of sitting on their butts we might actually see some real change.
- We have lost our ability to think critically. We listen to charismatic sound bites and rally behind our candidate without ever thinking about the implications of those sound bites. Then when a politician is elected and back peddles on their sound bite promises, we let them get away with it. I want to see Trump build a wall on the Mexican border so I can see the collosal failure it will be. If Hillary had won, I would want her to fully implement socialized medicine so that we could see the collosal failure it would be.
All of this to say, if our elections were hacked, it’s our own damn fault.